Strengthen your artistic muscles with Nathan Fowkes, concept artist and color stylist for DreamWorks, Disney, Blue Sky Studios, and many others!
Nathan has created 30 demonstrations lasting up to an hour each and provided all the relevant references so you can paint along with each workout every day for 30 days. The workout is carefully structured to take you through the process of:
- Understanding light and surface to give a compelling believability to your subjects.
- Creating meaningful color harmonies.
- Managing and organizing the complexities and difficulties of color.
- Creating color harmonies to convey powerful emotions.
- Tackling a single subject with many different color and lighting solutions to create a different emotion each time.
The workout will also guide you through the process of visual storytelling by quickly comping out your ideas tonally then bringing them into an emotional color design. Nathan will even show how to bring an idea to a loose but presentation finish in just one hour!
And you don't have to be an animation artist, this workout is for any and every artist who uses color and light!
- Adobe Photoshop
LESSON 1Day 1
LESSON 2Day 2
LESSON 3Day 3
LESSON 4Day 4
LESSON 5Day 5
LESSON 6Day 6
LESSON 7Day 7
LESSON 8Day 8
LESSON 9Day 9
LESSON 10Day 10
LESSON 11Day 11
LESSON 12Day 12
LESSON 13Day 13
LESSON 14Day 14
LESSON 15Day 15
LESSON 16Day 16
LESSON 17Day 17
LESSON 18Day 18
LESSON 19Day 19
LESSON 20Day 20
LESSON 21Day 21
LESSON 22Day 22
LESSON 23Day 23
LESSON 24Day 24
LESSON 25Day 25
LESSON 26Day 26
LESSON 27Day 27
LESSON 28Day 28
LESSON 29Day 29
LESSON 30Day 30
MEET YOUR INSTRUCTOR
Nathan Fowkes is a veteran entertainment industry artist with credits on 11 feature films including The Prince of Egypt, Spirit, several projects within the Shrek Universe, How to Train Your Dragon, The Legend of Puss in Boots and Rio2. Nathan's upcoming projects are animated feature films from Disney, Blue Sky Studios and Paramount Animation.
Nathan is also well known as a teacher of color, light and design; he is is a regular guest lecturer at Art Center College of Design and has taught at The Los Angeles Academy of Figurative Art and the Laguna College of Art and Design. Additionally Nathan has been sought after as a consultant for game studios to enhance the quality of their theatrical presentation. He has worked with numerous clients including Blizzard Entertainment, King, Disney Interactive, Riot Games, Ubisoft and Rovio.
Nathan is also author of the best selling instructional book How to Draw Portraits in Charcoal, his work can be seen on his website.
Two Ways to Learn
- Watch Video Lessons at Your Own Pace
- Assignments Included
- Peer Feedback
- Switch Courses as Often as You Like
personalized instructor feedback
- Watch Video Lessons with a Planned Curriculum
- Scheduled Assignments with Deadlines
- Personalized paint-overs and feedback videos
- Peer feedback
- Ability to Contact Instructor with Questions
- Physical Certificate of Completion (Mailed to you anywhere in the world)